I accidentally skipped dinner the night of Halloween due to the excitement and festivities, I hope everyone else had a blast too! I really made up for it though the night after when I had TWO bowls of this Thai green curry fried rice. It was so comforting and delicious. I love making different variations of things like fried rice (and frittatas for my boys) when I have a good amount of vegetables in the fridge that need to be used. It is such tasty and Hardy way to clean out the fridge. So here are some of the different veggies I had in my fridge that I needed to use and thank god because this dish turned out so flavorful.
- 2 cups of rice of your choice, I used brown
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper, color of your choice, I used half green and half red because that is what I had
- 1 cup of peas
- 1/4 inch knob of ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 wedge of lime
- Cilantro, green onions and bean sprouts for topping (optional)
- While the brown rice is cooking, sauté your veggies until cooked through, set the vegetables aside in a separate bowl.
- In the same pan you cooked the vegetables in add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil on low-med heat, followed by the green curry paste, coconut amigos, rice vinegar, water and lime. Stir well then grate the garlic clove and ginger and continue to stir for another minute.
- Once rice is finished cooking fold into the green curry mixture and stir until rice is coated
- Toss in your veggies and mix well while adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cilantro, green onions and sprouts and serve.